Wednesday 9 October 2019

I'm an Extinction Rebellion protester and I'll be disrupting your work commute. Here's why: ABC

"This week thousands of ordinary Australians, and many thousands more across the globe, will disrupt major cities with rolling blockades to draw attention to the climate crisis. 

They will do so under the name of Extinction Rebellion (or XR for short), a new environmental movement. 

As a result of their actions, your life may be disrupted. You may be forced to wait or find another route. You may even become angry.
Inevitably these protesters, myself included, will be reduced by some news media to just another bunch of climate activists.
I want to tell you though, that term "climate activist", whilst true, is limiting. 

It certainly doesn't capture the truth of who I am or why I joined XR. It doesn't tell you that I am a mother of two small children. Or that I have lived a law-abiding life."

Read the complete ABC article 

Satellite Data Record Shows Climate Change's Impact on Fires : NASA

 

#jailclimatecriminals   #suefossilcorpdirectors  #climatecrisis

No comments:

Post a Comment