Saturday 6 April 2019

What do I say to my daughter when she tells me climate change will end the earth in 12 years time?: Medium

My daughter is funny.

She’s intelligent, caring, stubborn. She knows her own mind and is a delight to be around.

But then I would say that, I’m her mum.

But what do I say to her when she sits me down, looks me in the eye and says, “ What’s the point in further education if the world is going to become uninhabitable in 12 years? Am I not better off going out there now and travelling before it’s all gone?”.

Can you imagine being 16, and knowing that the world is going to change, catastrophically, because the adults have royally fucked it up?


#human driven mass extinction  #children  #youth  #climate catastrophe  #climate despair

No comments:

Post a Comment