Friday 2 November 2018

From The post-human world site: A New Life Awaits Us On The ALIEN EARTH

Read the original article and hear the podcast
Last year it finally dawned on me that we’d never solve climate change in time.

That the operative question was now: what would the world would be like after it?



I stopped paying passing attention to these issues and started giving it my complete attention.

And you’d think that’d harden me to the emotional impacts around this… I mean, I know I did. 

But when the latest IPCC report dropped, I was gripped by despair.

What I hope to do today is persuade you – and me that, as terrible as things are – and they’re getting worse daily – there is still hope for the world… largely by drawing on what’s known as the ‘Hothouse Earth’ paper… and why that’s the best news I’ve heard all year.

So… GOOD NEWS EVERYBODY!

The world as we knew it has been broken.

Like Humpty Dumpty, it can’t be put back together again…
…but we can fashion something new from the pieces.

Because we’re already effectively living on an Alien Earth:

Read the rest of the original article and hear the podcast

No comments:

Post a Comment