Wednesday 4 December 2019

Four Climate Change Investments Hiding in Plain Sight: Medium

There is a wealth of companies from which to choose

In my article Winning at Climate Change Investing, I broke down the different technology stages for companies involved in this business into Evolutionary Applications, Novel Adaptations, and Revolutionary Developments. I have written about a company that I believe to be just on the cusp between a Novel Adaptation and a Revolutionary Development: Carbon Engineering. Today, I wanted to focus my attention on a few companies in the Evolutionary Application category.

These are companies that are improving present products or processes to allow current systems to operate more efficiently.
One company at which I have been looking is Shiloh Industries SHLO. This is a small-cap name that focuses on material sciences and design changes to specialize in creating strong, lightweight auto components. While this may not strike you as a climate change related business, by decreasing the weight of automobiles, fuel-efficiency is improved for gas-powered vehicles and range increases for electric ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment